- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 free-range egg white
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp peppermint flavouring
- 425g/15 oz icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 175g/6¼oz dark chocolate
- Whisk the egg white in a bowl until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed. Slowly whisk in the lemon juice, peppermint and icing sugar to a stiff paste.
- Tip the peppermint mixture onto a work surface dusted liberally with icing sugar and roll out thinly.
- Use a 5cm/2in cutter to cut out circles and place them onto a baking tray. Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours, or until the mixture has set.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water.)
- Dip each peppermint cream into the melted chocolate and set aside on a baking tray. Chill the peppermint creams until set.
- Servings : 15-20
- Recipe Type : Christmas
Read more about this chef..