Mushroom & Cheese Tart
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 200g ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 200g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 large egg
- 100g Garlic & Herbs cream cheese
- 20g finely grated parmesan cheese
- a handful of flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 50g ricotta cheese
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the mushrooms and onions.
- Stir occasionally until the mushrooms and onions are nicely caramelised. Set to one side.
- Add the egg to a mixing bowl and mix well with a fork. (Keep a tiny bit to one side for glazing the tart).
- Add the cream cheese to the beaten egg and mix well.
- Add the parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pastry sheet (should measure approx. 21cm x 21cm) on a lined baking sheet.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture onto the pastry and spread out evenly - leaving a clean border about 3cm wide all the way round.
- Fold the border up and over the mushroom mixture to create a rim.
- Scatter the crumbled ricotta and thyme leaves over the top.
- Brush the pastry edges with the left over egg.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes until nicely golden brown.