Fright Night fancies
- Prep Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 12 ready-made vanilla cupcakes or fairy cakes, or make your own
- 2 x 410g cans apricot halves in light syrup, drained (reserve the syrup)
- 100g raspberry jam
- a little icing sugar or cornflour, for dusting
- 500g pack ready-to-roll white fondant icing
- black icing pen
- Remove the cakes from their paper cases – if the tops are rounded, trim them with a serrated knife to make a flat surface. Flip the cakes over and arrange on a large board or cake stand. Brush the cakes all over with the syrup from the drained apricots, then place 1 tsp jam on top of each cake. Put an apricot half on top of the jam, rounded- side facing up.
- Clean your work surface, then dust with a little icing sugar or cornflour. Roll out the icing to the thickness of a 50p piece – it will be easier if you work with half at a time, keeping the remaining icing well wrapped so it doesn’t dry out. Use a 12cm fluted cookie cutter to stamp out 12 circles and, as soon as you cut each one, drape it over a cake. Draw on spooky faces using the black icing pen, then serve. Can be made up to a day ahead; eat leftover cakes within 1 day.
- Servings : 12
- Ready in : 25 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Halloween