- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 22cm/9in shortcrust pastry case
- 300ml/10 fl oz full-fat milk
- 200ml/7 fl oz double cream
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 80g/3oz caster sugar
- pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375/Gas 5
- Bake the pastry case for 15 minutes until firm and browned slightly.
- Remove the case and turn the oven down to 160C/325F/Gas 3.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk and cream nearly to the boil.
- Beat the eggs, yolks and sugar together in a bowl.
- Pour the hot milk over them and beat gently. Pour the mixture into the pastry case and grate a little nutmeg on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes until just set. Remove from the oven and leave to cool before serving.
- Servings : 6
- Recipe Type : Desserts
Read more about this chef..