- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 300g pl flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 packet (2 tsp/7 gms/1/4 oz) yeast - active dry yeast or instant yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100 ml milk warmed to 110°F for active dry yeast or 120°F for instant.
- 3 Tablespoons oil (sunflower or extra light olive oil)
- 1 egg
- about 50 g additional flour
- FILLING, 2 Tablespoons softened butter or margarine
- 50g brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 200g icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in milk followed by oil & egg. Beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Add additional flour until dough forms a mass. On a floured surface, knead 150 turns (about 4-5 minutes).
- Cover with plastic or a bowl & let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease an 8-inch round pan and combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into 12” x 9”.
- Spread with butter/margarine followed by brown sugar mixture.
- Roll up the dough (not too tightly) starting at the 9” end.
- Cut 1/2-inch off either end. With a serrated knife or using dental floss, cut log into 8 even slices and arrange in pan.
- Cover with plastic & rise in a warm spot until doubled, 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350° F for about 15 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then frost.
- To make frosting, combine powdered sugar & vanilla and slowly add milk for a spreading consistency.
The Chef House
Read more about this chef..