Chocolate tart with white chocolate sauce
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- For the pastry:
- 250g/9oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- pinch salt
- 125g/4½oz cold butter
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 125g/4½oz caster sugar
- For the filling:
- 400ml/14fl oz double cream
- few drops vanilla extract
- 100g/3½oz caster sugar
- 400g/14oz dark chocolate, approx 70 per cent cocoa solids
- 50g/2oz butter
- For the sauce:
- 250ml/9fl oz single cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 100g/3½oz white chocolate chopped
- raspberries and fresh mint sprigs, to serve
- For the pastry, place the flour, salt and butter into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolks and sugar and pulse until the mixture comes together to form a dough. You may need to add a splash of ice cold water if the pastry is too dry. Place into a bowl, cover the bowl with cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until large enough to line a 25cm/10in fluted tart tin. Place into the tin, then place a piece of greaseproof paper on top and weigh it down with baking beans or rice.
- Place into the oven for 15 minutes, then remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for five minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, for the filling, bring the cream, vanilla extract and sugar slowly to the boil in a pan.
- Break the chocolate and butter into pieces and place into a large bowl. Pour over the cream mixture and whisk slowly until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the tart case and leave to cool. Place in the fridge to set for two hours.
- For the sauce, place half of the cream and the vanilla pod into a pan and heat until the mixture is warm but not too hot when touched with a finger. Take off the heat and remove the vanilla pod.
- Add the white chocolate and stir until melted. Stir in the remaining cream.
- To serve, cut the tart into wedges and drizzle over the white chocolate sauce. Serve with raspberries and a sprig of mint.
- Servings : 10-20
- Recipe Type : Desserts
Read more about this chef..