Website First Contact Chefs
As Sous Chef you must be able to support the Senior Chefs in the smooth running ofthe restaurant, managing, leading and motivating the team to provide consistently outstanding service to our guests.
- Lead, co-ordinate and motivate the kitchen team for the restaurant
- Produce and deliver quality food and enable operational excellence
- Ensure daily food preparation meets recipe and specification
- Manage a clean and efficient kitchen department by maximum utilisation of food
- Manage cost and maximise business opportunities
- Plan and order as appropriate for levels of business
- Mentor train and coach the team
- Support with the administration such as rotas, recruitment and attending hotel meetings
- Write and check standard recipes to ensure portion control, uniformity and taste for approval of the Executive Chef
- To carry out quality control checks, ensuring presentation, quality of food and service standards are adhered to
- To complete material check lists, e.g. mise-en place, within own department for all sections
- To check daily function
- Responsible for daily ordering and purchase control
- To control food costs according to agreed budgets
- Experience as a senior chef
- Strong understanding of British cuisine
- Leadership skills
- Experience of menu development, ordering systems and costing process
- In-depth knowledge and application of 5 star kitchen processes and operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team motivator
- Good IT knowledge, ideally experience with payroll, time and attendance system
- Complimentary nights with breakfast and 50%discount
- Team members awards and incentives schemes
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
To apply for this great Sous Chef opportunity, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: If we havent contacted you within 72 hours of your application, then on this occasionyou will have been unsuccessful.
All Applicants must……………
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.